ABOUT US
Lights and Lathers handcrafts soy candles and soap. We offer a wonderful line of lotions and our Olive Oil and Honey Intensive Moisturizing Treatment. We have been making natural products for 8 years and are always trying new recipes, fragrances and ingredients!

RECENT POSTS
New Scents!
Coffee with Sugar Please Scrub!
Oh! I love this candle!

I light candles every day!!
Website Worries
Soaping day!
Cute new candle for Valentine's Day
Recycle-Reuse-Refill
Where's my website?


ARCHIVES

Soap Day!
Sunday, February 15, 2009

After a busy week of Valentine's Day Sales at the store, I am finally able to post and soap!!  I made soap yesterday in an  attempt to restock and bring out something new.  The Oatmeal and Honey bar is my biggest seller and can't seem to keep it stocked!  I made a large batch yesterday.  I had to make another batch of Sandalwood as my previous batch that was curing could not be used.  I thought using a a red and brown oxide for colorant would look cool!  It does except when you actually use the soap.  Too much red oxide makes the bubbles red..thus making a bath..well....look like a blood bath!!  Ok enough of that.  The sandalwood I made yesterday is brown and black with hopefully no crazy colored bubbles!  Flowering herbs was the new one!!  This is an old bath and body works duplicate that I was so happy to find!  It was a bitty to soap though!! I made a chocolate cake!  A soap cake really.  Chocolate scented cold process soap in a bundt pan.  I have never tried this before but have seen others and really like the soap cakes.  I still need to make much more but that was my soap day!  Thanks for reading and checking in!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



© 2008-2009 Lights & Lathers All Rights Reserved. Template courtesy of Cara Creates.